Friday, January 31, 2014

DIY Felt Animal Mask

Lauren our Modern Momma sent me this adorable DIY this morning, and I couldn't help but smile at the pictures! So CUTE!

Felt masks

Tools
Hot glue/tacky glue
Different colored felt
Foam or paper masks
Fabric scissors
Optional paper and pencil for stencil

I started out making a pattern with the hippo head then cheeks to get the right proportions. I really just eyeballed everything. Once everything was cut out I glued all the felt pieces together first with tacky glue. We'll that wasn't drying quick enough so I pulled out my glue gun and went to town. For the hippo I wanted it to have big eyes so I cut the mast to make them larger. Then I glued the felt on the mask. Perfect! For the bird I cut half moons out of the two colors. I did them all freehand and different sizes. I started hot gluing the bigger felt pieces around the edge. The next row just make sure you overlap them good enough so you don't show the edges or bottom.


 

 




3 comments:

  1. Graduation is a festive occasion - and one with surprisingly few rules when it comes to how you dressevening dresses adelaide or what you wear.formal dresses australia online While thinking what dresses you wear prom dresses online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sind Sie es leid, schöne Brautkleider und prom Kleider abendkleid weinrot 38 neckholder mit hoher Qualität und am besten passen? Gibt dir eine überraschung kinder hochzeitskleider online aus deutschland
    Weitere Kleider bitte auf klicken www.jadegowns.de klicken
    Für mehr Kleider Informationen, bitte E-Mail an www.jadegowns.de@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. glamchase dressmaker bristol reviews
    glamchase great gatsby dress reviews
    Do you want many beautiful cheap and fine dresses please visit.http://www.glamchase.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover