Friday, February 1, 2013

Frank & Bean Fridays: 5 Inspiring Documentaries

 
 
How cute are my boys?!
 
Today is such a snowy day around here and I have been thinking about sharing my all time fav documentaries, so what better time!?! Documentaries are my favorite genre of film! When most people think of a documentary they think real life yes, but they also think BORING...but that's not the case at all!! I'm going to share my top 5 favorites; four of them deal with art or fashion, and then one is about a issue that I think is so unbelievably important! They all are SUPER entertaining so I hope you choose at least one to watch yourself!
 
In no particular order:
 
1. Exit Through the Gift Shop: A film about finding the talented infamous graffiti artist Banksy. An amazingly colorful film dedicated to the beautiful, difficult, & illegal work of graffiti artist. Watch this you will NOT be disappointed or bored, I can promise you that!
 
2.The September Issue: An incredibly interesting & shocking, yet funny look into the life of the editor-in-chief of Vogue, Anna Wintours. This is a awesome look at the weeks & weeks of preparation that goes into 'The September Issue' of Vogue!
 
3. Style Wars: A really cool behind the 'streets' look at street art! This is a oldie but goodie, and happens to by my husbands all-time favorite documentary!
 
4. The Cove: This is the one that I was telling you about that is not about fashion or art, but about a very serious issue in my mind. For as long as I can remember, I have loved dolphins, sharks, and all things in the sea...I was that little girl that wanted to be a marine biologist, haha... This movie follows a world famous dolphin trainer turned activist behind the scenes of dolphin killing & capturing. I dare you to watch this...I haven't been to shed aquarium since. After you watch this you will have an entirely different outlook on the precious like of our sea mammals. There are also ways at the end of the movie to help out!
 
5.Bill Cunningham New York: I swear you DO NOT have to be into fashion to LOVE this movie! This guy is SO fascinating, smart, and cool...I may have just realized I have a crush on a old man! ha! Bill Cunningham has been riding around on his bicycle for years taking pictures of what he sees on the streets of New York!! Just watch it, you'll love it!
 
 
 
Have a great day! Find something to be inspired by today!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover